Cross promotions have long been among every marketer’s best known tools
Did you know that you can do the same for your eBay store?
Here’s you make cross promotions happen on eBay…
Cross-promotion is a marketing promotion that targets interested customers with other related products. This is done by showing customers options to enhance their shopping experience. Not only will this strategy promote your items, but other sellers’ items as well. Your items may also appear on emails that can entice more customers to buy from your eBay store. Using cross promotion avoids potential buyers from straying to other listings. There’s a good chance your customers may not want to come back to your eBay store. Cross promoting can reduce the chances of them looking for products from other sellers. As long as your potential buyers are browsing, checkouts will be possible.
Cross Promotions on eBay
Cross promotions on eBay vary depending on the method you’ll be using. Whichever method you choose, cross promotions are surefire ways to get your customers’ attention. To give you an idea of how customer perceive cross promotions, here are sample instances:
- Cross promotions capture customer attention while they’re browsing your items
- Buyers can see your items on theirMy eBay page once you’re tagged as a Saved Store or Saved Seller
- Customers watching your item may see your listings on emails for Watch List notifications
- Up to 12 items are displayed when your customers choose either the Buy It Now or place bid options
Benefits of eBay Cross Promotions
eBay cross promotions create increased traffic as well as sales. Among its other features include the following:
- Easy to set up
- Known to be one of the most successful marketing strategies
- Less promotion cost
- Gives sellers the ability to show off higher value items
- eBay sellers can help promote other sellers
- Sellers can display different item variationsfrom their eBay store on specific listings
- Sellers can display complementary items or accessories that go with the listing
How to Make Cross Promotions on Your eBay Store
There are 3 easy ways you can make cross promotion on eBay:
- Marketing Tools
This setting on your My eBay page allows you to add other listings into your post-sale pages. You can use this by choosing Marketing Tools under My eBay. Then, under the Account tab, select Settings. Click on Cross-Promote My Items then select Cross-Promote in Checkout. The option allows you to choose where you can make cross promotions. This includes the email sent to bidders when an auctions ends.
Third party widgets (free and paid) are available on the internet for every eBay seller’s use. Some of these widgets use eBay’s API, enabling them to display listings. These widgets generate HTML codes which you can incorporate on your individual listings. For quicker options, visit the eBay Apps Center’s Marketing and Merchandising Section.
- Other Items Link
Add your other items to your listings by using eBay’s ability to add HTML. To do this, search for your listings via Advanced Search. Click on By Seller and enter your User ID. Hit Search. Copy the URL from the listing. Then, use it as an HTML link. To add the HTML link, click on the HTML tab in the Describe the Item You’re Selling text box. Add the HTML link in the area of the page where you want it to appear.
Here is a sample HTML code you can use as a pattern:
<a href=”http://www.ebay.com/sch/UserID/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1″>Also available in the color orange</a>
How to Make Cross Promotions with Other eBay Stores
Making cross promotions with other eBay sellers is possible through your connections. If you have a fellow eBay seller in mind whom you want to cross promote, follow these steps:
- Go to your My eBay page.
- Hover over All Selling on the left hand column.
- Click on Marketing Tools.
- On the Marketing Tools: Summary page, check the left hand column and hover over Item Promotion.
- Under Item Promotion, hover over Cross Promotion.
- Click on Connections.
- You’ll be redirected to a page. Click on Request a New Connection.
- Follow the instructions from the prompts that will show up afterwards. eBay will send out the cross promotion requests to the users you included. eBay will then notify you of any request responses. You may browse your pending and active cross promotions on the Connections
Cancelling your eBay Cross Promotions
To cancel your eBay cross promotions, take the following steps:
- Visit your My eBay page
- Hover over Account and select Marketing Tools
- Tick on the check box opposite the No located at the top of the page. Ticking off this check box will apply the changes to all active eBay listings.
On eBay, it’s important that all sellers make use of its tools for creating cross promotions. All you need to do is follow our tips and eBay’s guidelines for links, widgets, and etc. Who knows? Maybe cross promotion will pave the way for your future as an eBay Power Seller!
Did our blog entice you to try cross promoting on eBay? If it did, please feel free to share your insights in a comment below. For more eBay tips and tricks, please visit our blog today.
"For our new friends, Rival Ripper is an eBay listing management platform that combines template building, message tracking, order management, and pricing all into one powerful tool. To learn more about Rival Ripper and get insider access, sign up for our 100% free newsletter."